2017 Wrap up for Harley-Davidson
2017 has been fun-packed, adventure filled, exciting and revolutionary for the world of Harley-Davidson. Here at Lind H-D we’ve been busier than ever throughout the year with a whole host of events in-store and across the UK and are looking forward to welcoming 2018 and the excitement it holds for our customers and stores in Guildford, Newmarket, Norwich and Reading.
So, here are some of the biggest and best stories and events from 2017 and what it has brought so far, from the new model line-up to charity donations!
· The New Sport Glide. Our latest news for the line-up. Only released in late 2017, the new Sport Glide expected early next year has got tongues wagging. It’s a very impressive bike, new to the Softail® model family. Showcased at the EICMA 2018, Italy. It’s a very exciting new model and is sure to be a favorite of all Harley-Davidson fans for years to come. Read about the new Sport Glide here.
· Award Winners. Among many other awards, Harley-Davidson was awarded the prestigious Auto Trader Best Cruiser award this year as part of their annual Best Bike Awards ceremony. All thanks to the un-stoppable CVO Street Glide It was put forward in a line of the elite bikes out there and done very well to come out on top on what is one of the most competitive awards out there.
· Battle of the Kings. For the fourth year running, Harley-Davidson sponsored and ran the Battle of the Kings competition; a comp that brings together riders with custom-built bike combinations. This would see the winner of the competition get a uniquely designed Harley, but a whopping £5,500 back in value to help cover the costs of their custom entry. Awesome, right? Our Lind H-D stores in Guildford, Newmarket, Norwich and Reading all worked hard on their custom creations and the Guildford H-D masterpiece the ‘Cookie Cutter’ made it all the way to the UK finals at the MCN Bike Show in London. We’ve started building our entries for the 2018 competition and all are under wraps for now! Stay tuned for sneak peeks.
· Wonderful Donations. The Harley-Davidson community is known for their loving and caring nature, and that shines through in some style. This year has been a great year for raising money for the chosen H.O.G. Chapter charities across the stores. From the Newmarket Harley-Davidson group the Fenlanders donating £8,000 t0 the east Anglian Air Ambulance as a result of hard work and determination throughout the year and another massive donation from the Iceni Chapter, Norwich group of £1,000, also donated to the EAAA and also Sunbeams, a Yarmouth children’s charity, the community just goes from strength to strength and shows why so many Harley riders are known for their awesome generosity.
· New Softail Family. Undoubtedly the biggest memory from 2017 for Harley-Davidson was the new-model announcement in August at the Dealer Show in Los Angeles. This annual event is highly anticipated across the network and expectations were high! The announcement of 8 new softail models did not disappoint! You can read the announcement here and test ride the new softail models, featuring the Milwaukee Eight engine in all our stores.
The teams from our Lind Harley-Davidson stores attended many local events throughout the year and we’re building our 2018 events diary now, it’s looking even busier and better! We look forward to seeing you all next year! Thank you for your continued support throughout 2017 and here’s to much of the same next year!